Monday, January 18, 2010

Turn Baby, Turn......


I officially made it to the 34 week mark this weekend with the pregnancy and the baby is still in the breech position. I’ve known she was breech since about 30 weeks but was hoping she’d turn. And I know I still have time and will be trying everything I can to help her feel a little more motivated to make her move but even in the womb they have a mind of their own and you can’t make them do anything! :)

I’ve been given all different kings of advice of how to help her along from submerging in a pool of water, doing prenatal yoga poses (which ironically I’ve already been doing for the last several weeks) to the one the doctor even recommended at least trying which was called moxibustion. Apparently moxibustion is a Chinese herbal technique which involves burning the herb mugwort over an acupuncture point found near the right ankle. I know it may sound crazy to some but it’s funny the things you’ll open up to and at least try when you find yourself with limited options. I've tried accupuncture in the past and didn't have great success but here I'm again willing to give it a try. Luckily there is someone here in St. Louis who does the technique and I’ll be looking into having it done at 36 weeks, if she doesn’t turn before then on her own.

So the mantra in our house these days as we all work busily to prepare for her arrival is “Turn Baby, Turn!” How about you, any mantra's you find your self or family saying as we start the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment