Monday, January 11, 2010

NEW YEAR & A NEW WAY OF BEING!

A new year always brings new opportunities, new possibilities and excitement in the air. I love looking back and reflecting on all the great moments (not always joyous but moments none the less) life had to offer over the past 12 months and then looking forward to all the possibilities that another year can bring.

Some of us set resolutions or goals for the year and I like to first set intentions of how I want to “BE” in the upcoming year. I also set simple goals that help me to accomplish that feeling or behavior along the way but most importantly I reflect on how I want the year to be and go from there. For example in 2009, my intentions were to be more playful (have more fun), be more trusting (worry less) and truly love & enjoy my life. And once I had that defined, I set some specific goals around ways I could have more fun like more date nights with my hubby, more family outings on the weekends, a gratitude reminder of all the blessings I had in my life vs focusing on what I didn’t have. I think both intentions and goals are important and starting with how you want to “BE” is a great way to focus your goals around who you want to be in this world vs. setting goals because you think you “should” have them.

Many of us will have goals like reduce fat in my diet, go the gym 3 times a week, lose 10 pounds, etc. Which are great and specific goals but what if you started w/ first, how do I want to be or feel in 2010……maybe it’s more energetic, more clear headed or walk with more spring in my step. Whatever it is, there is a feeling, a way of being that you probably want more of in your life and I encourage you to find that first and then set your goals. It's always been a more win-win way for me and I'm sure it will be for you too! And if you need help, just let me know as I'm happy to support you any way I can.

What’s possible for YOU with a NEW way of BEING in 2010??

No comments:

Post a Comment