Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweet Campbell

So today my sweet little girl celebrates her first birthday and I’m having mixed emotions. On one hand I’m excited for her, excited to see her showing her independence with walking, talking, eating big kid food, giving cuddles constantly and playing the “where’s Campbell"game……she’s absolutely blossoming in so many ways and fills my heart with so much love I can’t stand it. And then on the other hand, I look at her and think WOW, where did that year go?

It seems like yesterday that I was in that hospital room looking at her and thinking OMG she’s so tiny, so innocent and sweet. It was such a surreal experience and I honestly don’t think it hit me until she was about a month old that I really had a daughter. It’s still weird to say those words as my first inclination is to type little girl but she’s my daughter. She’s beautiful, she's smart, she’s funny, she’s tough, she’s sweet and I can't forget a definite ham. She cackles, she laughs, she smiles, she loves giving big open mouth kisses and showing affection with everyone she meets.

And while I love seeing all of this, it's still hard to think what if this is my last, she's my baby. It's definitely easy to start heading down that road but today I choose not to go there as today I want to honor, celebrate and love this little angel for all that she is right now in this moment and cherish the memories we’ve had from this past year! She's added so much to our family and truly is a blessing to all of us!

We love you Baby Campbell and wish you a very Happy First Birthday~ Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment