Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love the one your with….YOU!

It’s February so yes LOVE is in the air!! And for my family, we also celebrate my birthday, my nephews birthday and now my sweet little girl’s birthday in February so it’s a busy month to say the least. And while it’s fun to get caught up in all the excitement and hype this time of year I realize that it’s also very easy to forget about US (the ones who show unconditional love day in and day out) with all of the kids parties, v-day cards and candy fun.

And for some reason since thinking about this, I’ve had that song stuck in my head “Love the one your with…...you gotta love the one your with” – you know the song by Crosby Stills and Nash. And while I know it’s talking about your significant other, it has me asking myself, what about ME, what about YOU and all the other moms who give so much to their children day in and day out that they forget about themselves? Is this you? Do you do anything special just for you this time of year or even better on a regular basis? What if you did? Would you feel better, feel more excited and loving towards yourself and others?

Whether you do this already or don’t, I challenge you to sit down and figure out one special thing you are going to do this month JUST FOR YOU! Do you want a dinner out with friends, a massage, a walk in the park, a home cooked meal or just an evening home alone when you don’t have to deal with kids night time routine so you can read a good book or catch up on your tv shows – a mini escape? What do you most want this month to show YOURSELF the love too?

Schedule it, take it and make sure you get it!! There’s only one YOU so LOVE THE ONE YOUR WITH!

Love,
Angela

p.s. the cool picture is from drangonartz.net

No comments:

Post a Comment