Monday, December 7, 2009

Lots to Celebrate!!!!!


This weekend included a big road opening celebration here in St. Louis (the project my hubby works on and the reason we moved to St. Louis in 2007) and my best friends “Jingle Bells for Basal Cells” fundraising run for the BCCNS organization in Bartlesville, OK. While both were for very different reasons, both were a HUGE success! And since my family couldn’t physically be at the jingle bell race supporting my friends cause, Jason, my father in-law and Cole (all bundled up from the cold) ran in the St. Louis I64 highway opening 5K run wearing their “jingle bells for basal cell” t-shirts as a way to support from afar. And wouldn’t you know it, while we are 6 hours from Bartlesville, we even received some interest from other curious runners. I guess it goes to show that even the simplest and smallest forms of support can go a long way in supporting any cause!

I’m extremely proud of my friend Christen for orchestrating such a wonderful fundraising event and of Jason and the I64 team for making the highway job such a huge success for the city of St. Louis and the state of Missouri!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment